"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere." Albert Einstein

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

It's been a while.

It has been a while since my last blog. I have been totally engaged in my ICT course reading and activities, that I have forgotten to reflect on them and add to my blog. Over the past two weeks, I have been reading and researching about blogging, wikis, avatars and e.portfolios, and how as a teacher they will become very useful teaching tools in the classroom. I am going to do some catch up and write more detailed blogs reflecting on technology in education.

As part of the GDLT course I viewed a video examining the use of technology by 21st students. This video also targets teachers and how they can look at student learning through the lens of technology.

I found this video very impressive and have watched it several times. It has really opened my eyes to what will be required of me to engage my students. My only questions are whether schools today have the access to resources to carry out these techniques. And also, are all students this savvy with technology and do they all have access to resources at home? I am looking forward to finding out when I start my placement in two weeks.

A Vision of K-12 students today (courtesy of You Tube)

No comments:

Post a Comment