"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere." Albert Einstein

Sunday, March 7, 2010

What I hope to be!

Teachers will be key professionals who can guide students to produce, mediate and use knowledge in a socially and personally useful way (Heath, 2001).

Before I started my course, I guess I was a little naive to the role of a school teacher. I look back at my teachers and remember them to be very knowledgeable and enthusiastic about delivering information to us students. I thought having a strong background and experience in my subject preferences and the ability to assist in student learning will fulfill my role as a school teacher. However, from my first two weeks of study into the GDLT program, it appears becoming a teacher is about how I deliver that information and most likely, due to technology, the students will already know as much or if not more than I will. It is apparent now, that it is not what I know but how I am going to get my students to "create, relate and donate" the information. So, I have my work cut out for me!! I will also have to be a lot more IT savvy and learn how to keep up with my students when it comes to devices of technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment