"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere." Albert Einstein

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Flickr and Picnik - so useful!

As a mad keen amateur photographer, I was enthusiastic to participate in this weeks courseware. It was awesome to have the opportunity to use both flickr and picnik for photo editing and storage. I am always looking for new tools for photo editing and I found picnik to be very effective and user friendly. Find below a photo I have edited with picnik. The photo was taken at Mothar Mountain Gympie.


motharmountain

Since commencing my EPL, I have been liaising with teachers and trying to absorb all the different types of teaching strategies to ensure effective learning experiences for students. Over the past two weeks, I have seen teachers use many technology-based resources and how each different type engages the students. Using these programs will allow students to develop their creativity and Flickr will allow students to store and utlise these pictures at any classroom, education institution and at home. These programs will clearly benefit students and their learning and will also prove to be a useful tool for teachers.

In reference to Kearnsley and Shneiderman's engagement theory, these two programs will encourage students to engage in meaningful projects that encourage "creating, problem-solving, reasoning, decision-making, and evaluation" processes".(Kearsley, Shneiderman 1999)

Kearsley G, Shneiderman B 1999, Engagement Theory: A framework for technology-based teaching and learning viewed 25 April from http://home.sprynet.com/~gkearsley/engage.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment