"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere." Albert Einstein

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Follow with ease with RSS Aggregators

Well halleluiah for RSS aggregators – I have been setting up my blog, and my wiki and all is going well then I realised how am I going to keep up to date with all of the postings. I have just recently, before commencing in this course, got in the rhythm of checking my emails everyday and now I want to follow my colleague’s blogs every day. Not that I mind, I love reading what everyone is discovering in the world of education and putting into their postings, however I was getting worried about the time it was going to take to look up everyone’s blog. But - RSS aggregators to the rescue. Without too much of a hitch, I managed to set up my Google reader account and now I get all the new posts in one spot.

Not only is this ICT tool going to be great to get me through this course, it is going to be great to implement into the classroom with both my science and HPE students. I am hoping that my students are going to be as enthusiastic as I am about keeping up to date with the latest research in the world of science and health. Not only are the students going to be able to share their ideas, experiments and results on the class wiki but they are all going to be able to follow each other’s blog postings, comment on their peers and also follow their favourite science/health websites.

Even though initially I was always keen to embrace ICT in the classroom, I now realise that I didn't fully understood the extent that integrating technology was going to be such a helpful tool to both my students and me.

I am starting my embedded professional learning next week, and I can’t wait to see these ICT tools in the classroom.

Please view the below video outlining the set-up, the use and the advantages of the RSS aggregators in today’s world. This video was part of my week four courseware.

No comments:

Post a Comment